Join Deloitte's leading actuarial life practice and apply your skills in projects reaching beyond traditional actuarial boundaries. You'll work with colleagues and clients in Audit, Tax, Consulting and Corporate Finance - exposing you to cutting edge actuarial work in a strategic, consulting and transactional context. Here you'll develop an impressive range of commercial consulting skills that will multiply your career opportunities.
Our practice has both breadth and technical depth which is increasingly important in the world of Solvency II and IFRS2. We are the leading provider of Solvency II and Financial Transformation services in the UK life industry.
In addition, we have a strong presence in the more traditional areas such as mergers & acquisitions, modelling, review work and audit. The key services that you could be involved in include:
• Solvency II;
• Finance Transformation;
• Mergers & Acquisitions;
• Capital Management;
• Prophet/ALS and MoSes modelling;
• Embedded value;
• Replicating Portfolios; and
We take your development very seriously. Our appraisal process is structured, transparent and interactive - you'll receive continuous training and ongoing supportive feedback to help you develop in your current role and progress through the grades towards partner.
We foster an open and friendly working environment that naturally allows everyone to learn from the wide range of experts within the practice.
We also believe in structured development through formal training and personal development plans, covering areas such as:
• People leadership;
• Project Management;
• Business development; and
As a senior manager you will:
- Lead teams and project work streams including project planning, budgeting and performance management of your team members;
- Build strong client relationships and become a trusted advisor;
- Contribute to the growth of the practice, by networking internally and externally, and play a significant part in new business proposals and presentations; and
- Contribute to practice management, including recruitment, coaching, mentoring and appraisals;
We're looking for the best people to do the most challenging work
We will also consider candidates from a pensions background and those who have gained some of the above skills through a non traditional actuarial background such as actuarial technicians, statisticians, business analysts and project managers.