Deloitte, one of Canada's leading professional services firms, provides assurance & advisory, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services through more than 8,000 people in 56 offices. Deloitte LLP, an Ontario Limited Liability Partnership, is the Canadian member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. Deloitte operates in Quebec as Deloitte s.e.n.c.r.l., a Quebec limited liability partnership.
Your career is important to you. It's important to us, too. The time is right for you to join Deloitte.
Deloitte is committed to creating an environment that is inclusive and accessible to clients and employees of all abilities. We are dedicated to building a diverse workforce and encourage applications from all qualified candidates.
Today tax can provide an opportunity to significantly improve the bottom line - if handled with skill and precision. Keeping up with the opportunities as well as changing tax requirements and risks can pose a challenge to any organization, from a local business to a multinational. Tax planning must keep pace with - even help shape - a company's operations. This means that tax specialists must manage all of the intricate details in local jurisdictions, while strategically planning the global flow of transactions.
Click here to find out more about our Tax service lines.
A career in Tax will offer you the opportunity to:
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective technical field
- Develop solutions through debate and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements
As a Technical SR&ED Manager OR Senior Manager you will:
- Lead a team that provides superior consultative advice to maximize value to our clients
- Understand our clients' cutting-edge technological advancements and assist them with the preparation of the technical portion of their Research & Development tax credit claims
- Plan, organize and execute the technical portion of engagements, including interviewing of technical personnel and preparation of technical reports
- Build relationships at a senior level and be seen as a trusted business advisor
- Proactively take relevant and valuable tax ideas to our clients to grow the practice
- Participate in the development and delivery of training programs and internal improvement initiatives
- Actively mentor and coach junior practitioners to their highest potential
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience in a technical role in a process industry such as Manufacturing, Mining, Food Processing, Chemicals, etc.
- Ideally a completed M.Sc, P.Eng or Ph.D (not required)
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Detail-oriented with a proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Execute a client service plan on complex engagements and work closely with the Partners in exceeding our client's expectations while identifying and mitigating business risks associated with projects
- Canadian travel may be required
Candidate Privacy Notice